This post has been viewed 1223 times
Bible Study March 23: Six Foundational Guidelines for Freedom
Email to a Friend
Posted on Wed, Mar 23, 2005
Bible Study Wednesday, March 23, 2005 was taught by Assistant Pastor Porter.
Topic: Six Foundational Guidelines for Freedom
Scripture: Matthew 16: 24-27
1. Deny Yourself.
God is in control! Self is no longer in charge. What is priority in your life right now? God first, then others, then self. (Reference scripture: Matthew 6:33)
2. Pick Up Your Cross Daily.
The cross was used for humiliation in Roman days. It was a shame to die upon a cross. Jesus did it all – took up His cross, carried it and died upon it. All of these are signs of humility and submission. Be obedient to the Word of God, not just hearers but also doers.
(Reference scriptures: Philippians 2: 5-8; 2 Corinthians 4: 10-11; 2 Timothy 3: 12)
3. Follow Christ. To follow Christ, you will suffer.
4. Sacrifice the Lower Life to Gain the Higher Life. The world teaches you to save your life but to save your natural life and think of what the world offers. You will lose it because these things are only temporal. Must sacrifice these things for a higher life in Christ.
5. Sacrifice the Pleasure of Things to Gain the Pleasure of Life. You can’t allow things and pleasure of thins get in the way with your life with Jesus Christ. (Reference scriptures: Luke 12: 20-21; 2 Corinthians 4: 17-18)
6. Sacrifice the Temporal to Gain the Eternal. Things of this world are temporary. Things in heaven are everlasting.
Bible Study for March 30 will resume with chapter 34 of The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren –and will continue each week until the book has been completed.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.