New Hope Missionary Baptist Church was organized on February 26, 1918 by Rev. W. J. Johnson. The location of worship was on the corner of Highway 19 and Highway 64. Pastoral days were the first and third Sundays of each month.
On November 21, 1932, the church moved from the corner of Highway 19 and Highway 64 to land purchased from Rich Ross. Here, a long one room frame building was erected. This move was made for the convenience of the members who lived in the area now called Wynne Community. Rev. Moorehead was the pastor.
By faith, land was purchased in the location where the church building stands today. On February 26, 1959, the existing sanctuary was purchased from the Church of Christ of Canton under the pastorate of Rev. F. M. Dews. The choir stand, Pastor's study and choir room were added and completed on April 16, 1961. The fellowship hall was added later.
Under the leadership of many leaders: Rev. W. H. Johnson, Rev. Wiley Williams, Rev. Moorehead, Rev. Neal, Rev. Lydie, Rev. Bryant, Rev. Houston, Rev. Brown, Rev. R. B. Sanford, Rev. R. L. Lemons, Rev. Burres, Rev. Dawson, Rev. F. M. Dews and Rev. Fred Williams, Jr. Each pastor served well and won souls for Christ. The Rev. F. M. Dews, a great orator, served the New Hope Church for 33 years (1959-1992).
Rev. Fred Williams, Jr. of Dallas, Texas served as Pastor of New Hope from October 1992 until March 2006. Under Rev. Williams' leadership we were able to build our new church facility. By faith we are building, growing and completing the work which was started by him - through and by the help of God.
Our current Pastor, Rev. Samuel K. Hawkins, Sr. accepted the pastorate of New Hope Missionary Baptist Church in May 2006.
In the year of Our Lord 2007, on February 11, the New Hope Missionary Baptist Church under the directorate of Pastor Hawkins and the unity of the membership, our new facility was completed and dedicated to The Lord. At the hands of the Lord and Pastor Hawkins we completed the new walkway,
heated baptism pool, sancturary seating, new financial office, fellowship hall, and computers for a future
computer lab. We are moving forward in the Lord as he directs us in his Will.
By the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, on March 9 2009 the Lord sent to us our present Pastor Steven L.Bell of Ft. Worth, Texas to lead His flock. Under the energetic leadership of Pastor Bell, he has implemented ministries and programs to meet the need of church membership and to help the body of Christ to develop as they draw near to God, as of March 29, 2016 our church is debt free with many support of friends family Tithes & Offering Pastor Bell has lead us to debt free a mortgage 18 months before maturity!
To God Be the Glory!